Go to Contents Go to Navigation

S. Koreans in Nice confirmed safe following attack

All News 17:46 July 16, 2016

SEOUL, July 16 (Yonhap) -- The government said Saturday it has confirmed the safety of 62 South Korean nationals in Nice who couldn't be contacted earlier following a deadly attack in the southern French city.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs said four officials at the South Korean Embassy in France visited six major hospitals in Nice and confirmed that no South Korean nationals had been hospitalized. There were also no injuries or casualties among guests staying at four B&Bs run by South Koreans.

The ministry said the embassy officials will visit other hospitals to further check for injuries.

The ministry added that it may take more time to ascertain if there are any Korean casualties in the attack that claimed at least 84 lives.

Separately, the ministry's emergency response team flew to Paris at 2 p.m. Saturday to assist the embassy staffers.

jeeho@yna.co.kr
(END)

HOME TOP
Send Feedback
How can we improve?
Thanks for your feedback!