(ATTN: UPDATES throughout with details; MODIFIES headline)
SEOUL, July 4 (Yonhap) -- North Korea launched another ballistic missile Tuesday, just a few days after the leaders of South Korea and the United States agreed to leave the door open for dialogue with the communist nation.
"North Korea fired an unidentified ballistic missile into the East Sea from the vicinity of Banghyon, North Pyongan Province, at around 9:40 a.m.," the Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS) said.
The North's provocation was immediately reported to President Moon Jae-in, it added.
The JCS has not released more details yet including the flight distance and the exact type of the projectile.
In talks with Moon in Washington, D.C. last week, U.S. President Donald Trump expressed support for the South Korean president's push for improving inter-Korean relations.
The North fired four surface-to-ship cruise missiles on June 8 in the wake of a ballistic missile launch about a week earlier.
BTS fans complain of tight ID checks at Busan concerts
N.K. leader says negotiations with U.S. are first step to recognition as nuclear power: report
U.S. Forces Korea chief suspends curfew for 3 months
Top diplomats of S. Korea, U.S. hold phone talks over Trump's planned visit, peninsula situation
Trump says his relationship with N.K. leader remains 'very good,' though it could change