Go to Contents Go to Navigation

N. Korea's H-bomb claim appears true: senior U.S. official

All Headlines 04:33 September 08, 2017

WASHINGTON, Sept. 7 (Yonhap) -- The United States has tentatively concluded that North Korea detonated an H-bomb over the weekend, as the regime has claimed, a senior U.S. administration official said Thursday.

"We're still assessing that test. I can say that so far there's nothing inconsistent with the North Korean claim that this was a hydrogen bomb, but we don’t have a conclusive view on it yet," the official told reporters in a teleconference, speaking on the condition of anonymity.

hague@yna.co.kr
(END)

HOME TOP
Send Feedback
How can we improve?
Thanks for your feedback!