Go to Contents Go to Navigation

N. Korea cancels high-level talks with S. Korea over military drill

All Headlines 03:29 May 16, 2018

SEOUL, May 16 (Yonhap) -- North Korea said Wednesday it is canceling high-level talks with South Korea planned for later in the day due to ongoing military exercises between the South and the United States.

The North's Korean Central News Agency said the Max Thunder drills between the South Korean and U.S. air forces are a rehearsal for invasion of the North and a provocation amid warming inter-Korean ties.

The high-level talks were meant to take place on the southern side of the truce village of Panmunjom to discuss follow-up measures to the two Korean leaders' summit last month.
(END)

HOME TOP
Send Feedback
How can we improve?
Thanks for your feedback!