SEOUL, Dec. 3 (Yonhap) -- Daelim Energy Co., a South Korean energy firm, said Monday it has secured a US$180 million solar power project in Chile from Spanish company Grenergy Renovables.
The project involves Daelim Energy investing $50 million and raising the remainder through project financing. The company will be operating solar power plants that generate a combined annual 105 megawatts of electricity over 25 years.
A construction unit of Grenergy Renovables will gradually build a total of 12 solar power plants in Chile starting December 2018 in an engineering, procurement and construction contract with Daelim Energy, a company spokesman said by phone.
The Chile project is Daelim Energy's first overseas investment in a solar power business. It aims to explore solar power business opportunities in Latin America, the statement said.
Daelim Energy businesses range from liquefied natural gas and coal-fired plants, and renewable energy fields, such as wind power and solar power generation, it said.
Daelim Industrial Co. owns a 70 percent stake in Daelim Energy and the remaining 30 percent is held by Daelim Corp. They are affiliates of Daelim Group, a construction-to-petrochemicals conglomerate.
S. Korea sends strong signal to further stabilize home prices
BOK raises key rate on ballooning household debt
Protectionism, weak SUV lineup major challenges for Hyundai in 2019
Samsung BioLogics case to affect market, delisting unlikely: experts
Finance minister nominee tasked with invigorating economy to spearhead income-led growth strategy