PHNOM PENH, March 15 (Yonhap) -- South Korea will continue to work for the resumption of denuclearization dialogue between the United States and North Korea under any circumstances, Seoul's presidential office Cheong Wa Dae said Friday, hours after a ranking North Korean diplomat hinted at a possible disruption.
"Under any conditions, our government will work for the resumption of North Korea-U.S. negotiations," Yoon Do-han, senior secretary to President Moon Jae-in for public relations, said in a released statement.
It came shortly after the North's Vice Foreign Minister, Choe Son-hui, said her country may no longer be willing to engage in denuclearization talks with the U.S., according to foreign news reports from Pyongyang.
U.S. President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong-un met earlier this month in Hanoi in the second-ever U.S.-North Korea summit.
The meeting ended abruptly without any deal. The U.S. later insisted the North had asked too much while offering too little.
Regarding Choe's remarks, Seoul's presidential office Cheong Wa Dae earlier said it was still not clear what the North's intentions were.
The South Korean president is currently on a state visit to Cambodia as part of his three-nation tour that earlier took him to Brunei and Malaysia.
Inter-Korean relations in limbo despite end of allies' joint drill
Moon presents 'unshakable nation' vision, extends olive branch to Japan
Moon reaffirms unswerving commitment to peace drive
New missile tests compound doubts about early resumption of U.S.-N.K. talks
Latest N.K. missile firings underscore discontent over S. Korea-U.S. drills: experts